Click the serial number on the left to view the details of the item. |
||Author||Title||Accn#||Year||Item Type ||Claims
||Experiments with light
|Title||Experiments with light|
|Publication||New Delhi, Viva Books, 2015.|
|Abstract Note||Ever since the fabrication of the first laser in 1960, research and development in the area of optics has grown with tremendous rapidity. Optics has now become an extremely important area of study in schools, colleges and universities. Furthermore, because of numerous applications of optics, the United Nations General Assembly has proclaimed 2015 as the International Year of Light and Light-based Technologies (IYL 2015). There will be yearlong festivals associated with the International Year of Light. The present book (written primarily to enthuse young students to study more about light) is a part of the celebration of the International Year of Light. |
|Contents Note||1. Power Point slides of all diagrams & photographs in the book
2. Power Point slides of a few animations explaining the concepts.
3. A video clip showing effects of a focused light beam from a fiber laser; video courtesy: Professor David Payne, University of Southampton
4. A video clip showing Einstein explaining E = mc2.
5. Richard Feynmanâs Messenger Lecture on âThe Double Slit Paradox: Particle or Waveâ
6. Lecture 1 is a popular lecture on âFiber Optics: A Brief Historyâ â Recording Courtesy: IIT Delhi.
7. Lecture 2 is on âEinstein & E = mc2â â Recording Courtesy: IIT Delhi.
8. Lecture 3 is on âThe Light Quantumâ â Recording Courtesy: IIT Delhi.
9. Lecture 4 is a general lecture on âEinstein & His Year of Miraclesâ â Recording Courtesy: Dr. Anil Roy @ Ahmedabad.|
|ISBN,Price||9788130931661 : Rs. 495.00(PB)|
|Keyword(s)||1. EINSTEIN'S LIGHT QUANTUM
2. ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVES
4. RAYLEIGH-RAMAN SCATTERING
||Call#||Status||Issued To||Return Due On ||Physical Location |
+Copy Specific Information